I love Thanksgiving. I get frustrated that so much of the holiday is skipped over and almost forgotten in the rush into the Christmas Season. In our home, I refuse to put up any decorations for Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over. I feel very strongly that we need to take the time to feel grateful for what we do have, before we start thinking about what we want to get and to give. So I want to list the many things that I am thankful for today.
1. My Savior, Jesus Christ, and through Him, the Church, my testimony, My loving Heavenly Father, the Prophet Joseph Smith and our living Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson.
2. My Husband. Who would have thought that the dumbest decision I have ever made could have also been the best. He strengthens me, he adores me, he makes me laugh, he helped me feel that I am lovable and that I am worthy of being loved. That has been a true gift to me.
3. My beautiful children. I am so grateful for them. I truly feel so thankful every day that the Lord has given these amazing little people and thinks that I will be able to be the mother that I want to be for them.
4. My trials. I know that may sound strange to some people, but I have grown the most in my life during the hardest times. They have strengthened my testimony, made me learn to rely on my Savior and are truly refining me into the person that I need and want to be.
5. My Family. They have helped shape me into who I am and I love them all so much. They are always willing to help, they make me laugh, and I just adore them.
6. My Friends. I am so blessed to have so many people around me that love me for who I am and put up with me. I don't feel alone while surrounded by so much love and friendship.
7. Our jobs, our home, food to eat, our health. There are so many little things that I don't want to bore anyone with, but I am so blessed, much more than I am sure I deserve. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and his patience, kindness and long-suffering with me. I am thankful for my life.
1 comment:
Hey, Tagged you with the What I've done is bold tag. And let me know if you can't get onto the blog. I sent you an invite. :)
Post a Comment