Merry Christmas!
(even if it is a little late!)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday. We definitely did.
The highlight of Christmas for me was my darling Grandpa Hanson coming to visit. My birth father passed away when I was 17 months old, and this is his dad. Grandma and my Uncle Thom passed away last year, so he decided to spend last Christmas and this one with us. He has always been very special to me and I am so thankful to have been able to spend time with him.
The very sad thing that happened this year was that Sienna found out about Santa. Unfortunately, at an activity another girl said that her parents had told her the truth about Santa, and an adult said "that he's really your parents?" or something like that. She came home and started asking questions and was very distraught to say the least. She was sobbing and I was right along with her. I was so devastated when I found out as a child and I just felt so bad for her, remembering what it was like. We were hoping to at least have her still believe this year.
I do have to add that we told her that she could help us get the Santa gifts ready for the other kids, and help eat the cookies. It makes it more fun to be involved and she seemed to feel better about that.
We are so thankful for the beautiful Christmas season and the reminder of our Beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, and His life and sacrifices for us. We hope that the spirit of the season touched you all and that you had as beautiful of a holiday as we did.





7 comments:
That is so sad about Sienna! I never want that day to come, kids definately make Christmas so much fun! Your kids are so cute. Sienna looks so good in her glasses! You look freakin' amazing! Your hair is a lot longer than when I saw you last! And it looks like you went darker! You look so good! We'll have to get together sometime!
Poor Sienna, I would have cried too! Glad you guys had a good Christmas. YOur hair looks great! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
That is sad. Christmas just isn't the same without Santa! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!
looks like you had a good christmas! maybe aiden will be a great chef someday! hope all is well for you!
I am so glad to hear you guys had a great Christmas. I am so sorry that Miss Sienna had to hear about Santa like that. How heartbreaking for her. Hope you guys have a terrific New Year!!!
Erin, I love checking your blog. You are such a fun mom. Plus, you look gorgeous! I'm so glad that I can keep up with your life.
Are you coming to the retreat. I hope so!
I am just wondering how Spencer got away with not putting the toy kitchen together Christmas Eve? Evan is always mad Christmas Eve because he has some big toy to put together. I'm glad you had a good Christmas.
Post a Comment