December 23, 2010

Gingerbread houses and Tree Decorating

We try to do some kind of Gingerbread decorating as a family every year. This year we did mini houses. The kids had a ball, as always. After that, we set up our Christmas tree. Aidan is so funny because he is obsessed with candy canes; he has been since he was tiny. We used to try to spread them out over the month, but here in Hawaii, with all the moisture, they get kind of soggy and yucky pretty quickly. I don't think Aidan minded us telling him to hurry up and eat all the candy canes! Madelyn was super excited to be able to put the star on the tree this year. I remember how excited I was as a little girl when it was my year to put the star up! I love Christmas-time and all of the fun traditions and memories that go along with them!




No comments: