February 24, 2012

Lucy's 1st Birthday

I said that I wasn't going to make a big deal about Lucy's 1st birthday, unlike most people here in Hawaii. But as the day got closer and closer, I changed my mind. It was going to be my last 1st birthday to celebrate for one of my own babies. I decided to do a cupcake theme, with a cake like a huge cupcake, 3 kinds of cupcakes and even a little cupcake that I sewed onto a shirt for her. We had most of our friends here to celebrate with us. It was a great day and because I had been planning for a month, I wasn't even stressed out. Things couldn't have gone more smoothly.

Her cake was pink velvet with cream cheese frosting, the three cupcakes were: carrot with cream cheese, chocolate with chocolate, and lemonade with real strawberry frosting. We also made bite sized brownies, coconut macaroons, and my favorite soft chocolate chip cookies. For the drink we put a bunch of mixed frozen berries and sliced limes in Gingerale. I also made a darling pink petticoat for her to wear, before she dug in to the cupcakes, of course. She went for chocolate first (definitely my daughter!), but loved the lemonade too.

We just had so much fun celebrating Lucy's first year and the many more to come. Our children have all brought such joy to our lives and are such a blessing. We love our little family!










4 comments:

Joanie said...

A day to always remember for your whole family.She looks darling, and happy it went smoothly for you.

Kelly M said...

Looks like a fabulous party! You did a great job!

Burtonfamily said...

She is so beautiful!

Britt said...

Wow. That party not only looks fun but PRETTY.. not to mention yummy. What a lucky little one year old.