Everyone just hangin' out and playing with poppers.

The crazy boys trying to light a snake(or something like that!) Sadly, it didn't work.

More popper fun!
For the 4th, we made plans with Spencer's sister, Carrie and her husband Pablo to hang out. We went up to Herriman but Pablo wasn't feeling very well. We bought him some Pepto Bismol which is my cure-all for tummy aches, but after 2 doses he was not better and the pain had spread to his lower right abdomen. Spencer told him that he should got to the ER to make sure it wasn't appendicitis, so we took their daughter Kaitlyn to my brother David's house in Draper. It ended up that Pablo did in fact have appendicitis so we watched fireworks at Dave's house with my family and siblings and took the kids home. They were very excited about getting to have a surprise sleepover with Kaitlyn and we were very grateful we were there to help with Kaitlyn and that Pablo was able to have his surgery with no complications. We love you Pablo. Get well soon!
I have to mention my gratitude for this country that we live in while speaking of our country's independence. I must say that in the last little while I think that I have become slightly disillusioned with some things in our country. I won't go into politics, don't worry, but despite all that I sometimes feel, I know that we live in the greatest country in the world, with the freedom to live how we choose, to be able to practice religion without fear of persecution, to speak against injustice here and in the world. I am so very blessed to have been born here with the rights that should be basic to all people, but sadly are not. Despite the problems that we have, we are still the best place for freedom and I pray we will continue to improve and become even better. I love the USA !

3 comments:
Love your kids new pics. So cute. We badly need to get some new ones taken. It was fun to see you guys the 4th. We need to get together again.
Man, I hadn't heard about Pablo. As you can probably tell, I haven't spent much time blogging in the past month. I'm way behind! I'm so glad to hear that Pablo is okay and that you had a fun 4th of July! It's crazy that it's been a year since you were here!
Post a Comment