June 2, 2009

Triathlon #5

So last Saturday I raced in Salem, making it my 5th triathlon. I love this venue, they put on such a great set-up (besides sticking in a very steep uphill climb on the bike 2 days before the race). I talked my friend Shanda into doing it with me and it was so fun. My friend Deni, who was the one who got me into Tris was there also, but we never got a picture with her. She is superwoman and had such a fast time. She is my inspiration.

We had some mishaps, with Shanda getting a flat tire during the bike, but luckily I came upon her not much after and we got it changed. I didn't really care about time after that delay, but I still had fun and it was awesome that Shanda and I were able to finish together. I love these races. Well, it's a love-hate and the whole super sick feeling at the beginning sucks, but the exhilaration at the end more than makes up for it.
after the swim (I always feel really dizzy)bike dismount
run start (your legs feel like bricks)
running to the finish together!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so awesome Erin!

Burtonfamily said...

YOu are amazing Erin!

Janell said...

That is so awesome!! I'm so proud of you both. Thanks for fixing Shanda's tire too! You are one prepared woman! You are my inspiration girl!

Jenna Wilson said...

Wow! I am so amazed. You really are a superwoman yourself. I don't think that I could ever do a triathalon! Way to go Air-Bear!!

Lateshia said...

YOU ARE A FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!!

Heather G. said...

wow! i'm still trying to get back into walking at a decent rate! Good job!

Lori said...

Erin:

I miss you. I think your blog makes me miss you more. You are an inspiration. So fun to read about the great time you had with Sienna recently. The two of you are beautiful!

Hugs from mom said...

Way to go Erin! I'm jealous that I didn't get to do it with you. Hopefully next year. It looks like it was a beautiful day, too. Congratulations on another successful tri.