I had a breakdown last week where I was considering buying Spencer a plane ticket for $1000 for just a few days here. After I came to my senses, I realized that is crazy and if we were going to be spending that much money we might as well be paying for our mortgage here and rent in Hawaii. The cheapest day to fly there in October just happens to be the 1st day of Spencer's next full week off. We bought tickets, flying to Lihue from LAX on the 28th. We decided that we will ship some furniture, but very very basics, like my bed, the girl's bed and dresser, my road bike, and golf clubs. The rest of boxes we'll ship through my brother-in-law who works for Fed Ex and can give us a discount. My dad is awesome and will help drive our U-haul down to California with me driving the Pilot. Since he has had some blood clot issues we'll just drive to Primm, which is a little outside of Vegas and stay there the night of the 24th and then drive to California the next day.
I'm frustrated right now because we thought we had a renter, we were just waiting to check out references and get a deposit, but they have been ignoring my calls so I'm sure that's not going to happen right now. We were actually getting a little excited because even though to rent we'll have to eat about $200 a month, at least we'll have the house still if we come back or maybe in a couple of years if we decide to stay we can sell it in a better real estate market. I was just looking forward to NOT having to pay both payments if we didn't have to. Well, hopefully someone will want to rent it fairly quickly. We can use any prayers you can give right now.
We found a place to rent in a nice neighborhood at a great price. It has tons of kids running around and 3 policemen in the neighborhood. That will help me sleep better at night in a new state when Spencer will be on calls. The owners actually asked if we would care if they left some furniture, like a kitchen table, nightstands, dressers. Since we are selling almost everything we own, that is amazing to not have to go out and replace it all right away. At least things have fallen in to place on that end. I just wanted to give an update and let everyone know how things are going. We have an end in sight to the time that we will have been separated as a family. It will have been 9 weeks by the time we get over there.
2 comments:
Sorry your renter doesn't look good!!! That stinks. But on the bright side you will be in Hawaii soon!!!
Things are moving fast! Hopefully you will find a renter soon. I am going to miss you!
Post a Comment