November 11, 2009
Hanalei Bay
I LOVED this place! We were invited to go Hanalei Bay with our friends Heidi and Nic, Jeff and Amanda, and Matt and Mindee. Heidi's little boy Ty and Mindee's son, Ridge and Aidan have become buddies. Mindee has a daughter Aidan who is 10, that has become good friends with Sienna. We are so lucky to have already found so many great people and friends here.
It took about an hour from Lihue, where we live to get there, but the drive was amazing. Super pretty, green, just gorgeous. Even though it's on the north shore, which is supposed to have big waves in the fall/winter, it was a pretty mild day. We borrowed a paddle board and tried it. It was fun to try, even if I kept falling off. I'll get my balance down and be able to do it someday.
There was a pier right by us that a bunch of people were jumping off, so we wanted to do it too. It took Sienna a little while, but she has fun jumping with Aidan (the friend). My Aidan we talked into having us lower him over the edge and drop down into the water where I would help him up after. My little boy who is normally so scared totally did it, over and over again. He loved it! I was so proud of him.
Madelyn is in love with the ocean. She will see it and yell WATER!! as loud as she can. She would run into the waves and the get a little freaked out and run up for a little bit and then run right back into the waves again. She has no fear and would drown herself very quickly so we have to be especially careful watching her. I am glad that she loves it though.
The kids went out on a kayak with Jeff and loved that. Aidan (friend) and Sienna played in a tube for a while, they all made sand sculptures. It was the best day. We ended the day going for pizza at Brick Oven Pizza, (no, not the same, but still super yummy) in Kapaa. I love it here. We also went to Lydgate Beach the day before and Kalapaki Beach the next day. 3 in a row was awesome. We all love it here and are so lucky to have this opportunity. (Thanks Heidi for the pics! I always forget my camera.) I have a video of Aidan jumping in the water, but I don't know how to post it with the new blogger set format. Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks awesome!! Looks like you guys are in heaven!! Love it!
SOOOOO jealous....Want to hit Hawaii and now you're living there!
Fun! You guys must be having such a time! *sigh* I know you were homesick for the snow Saturday, but I'm sure you wouldn't have been homesick for the 19 degrees this morning. =D
Love and miss you!
Mom
Looks like a lot of FUN! I don't think there is anyway my girls would be as brave as your kids! I love that things are going so well for you in Hawaii!! I love your hat in the pictures with your friends you look so cute in it! I probably couldn't pull that off! Looks like lots of FUN at Gardner Village too!
Post a Comment