We went up Loop Road with our friends, Rick and Holly, and their kids. We had attempted to hike to Kilauea Falls (they were in the movie 'Just Go With It'), but I guess the only paths there are now on private land, so we couldn't get there. Loop Road used to be a real road, to a point, but I guess it was too hard to repair all the time, so it's been left to deteriorate. We all climbed into our friend's SUV and attempted the drive.
It. was. crazy.
We were scraping bottom on rocks all over the place. Lucy was crying, but couldn't eat in her car seat from me. I documented her actually taking the bottle for about 3.5 minutes before she refused it. That was a record long time for her to take it.
We made it to the end, which was incredibly beautiful, with waterfalls all over. They filmed parts of Jurassic Park up there. I got my first bee-sting, ever. We decided maybe their vehicle was scraping bottom because there were just too many of us, so Rick took it and the rest of us walked the trail for somewhere around a mile. Sienna's slipper broke and the trail was super muddy. It was definitely an adventure! I think the kids had fun, anyway. It's always funny how the crazy, stressful things end up being looked back on and laughed at. Memories are such funny things!




2 comments:
Gorgeous pics.
Look at all those happy faces. I think they had fun.
Post a Comment