February 3, 2012

Kalalau Lookout

The Kalalau Lookout is at the very end of the canyon road up to Waimea Canyon. We tried to go up there once when we first moved to Kauai, but if there is any fog or low clouds you can't see anything, so we didn't see much when we attempted it then. The skies were clear when we went up this time with my parents and we were able to see everything.

 It truly is breathtaking. It is also freezing cold. Seriously, cold. We didn't bring any sweaters, not thinking about how much cooler it is up in the mountains. That's living in Hawaii for you; you forget that it even gets cold in places other than overly air-conditioned stores. The sights were definitely worth the chill.
We learned that Mad is deathly afraid of heights on this trip. Poor girl!









4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've decided that I'm way jealous! It is absolutely beautiful there. I want to come visit one of these years. Miss you!!

Joanie said...

Looks absolutely beautiful, and happy to see you in some of the pictures. Can't imagine living in a place where it really doesn't get cold!

Family Blog said...

Mad is so much happier farther away from that edge. lol Poor baby.

Kelly M said...

Wow this place looks so beautiful! It is funny that you never have to think about sweaters anymore as I have over a foot of snow in my yard!