September 18, 2008

A few thoughts...

I am completely obsessed with the NieNie blog.
I read it for hours on end; I read her sister C-Jane's blog about their recovery. I am not sure why I am so taken with this woman, her family and her story, except that maybe she reminds me of the woman I glimpse I can be sometimes. Do you know what I mean?

Sometimes, very rarely, I am doing something I feel is important as a woman, as a mother and I feel like I get this little glimpse into my very soul of this amazing person I can become. Like she is there, deep-down and buried, but if I work hard enough and long enough I can find her and on these rare moments I can see her. Crazy? I feel like Stephanie is a reminder in a lot of ways to bethe kind of person I would like to be someday. She is an example to me to try harder, she reminds me to be kinder, to have more fun with my children, and to have more fun and to rejoice in the Gospel.

If any of you have time, read her blog. They are re-posting things she has written while she is hospitalized, but if you look on May 10th, 2008 she wrote a post about the Conference Talk about Mothers Who Know, which also inspired me. I am so grateful to have found her and been able to read her story. It has touched me in so many ways and I am feeling so much closer to the Gospel lately, thanks to her reminders and those rare little glimpses of the better me. I forget how much JOY the Gospel brings into my life. What an amazing gift I feel, finding this beautiful blog. Read NieNie and enjoy.

1 comment:

jaime said...

I have been reading too. It does get very addicting!