September 1, 2008

Madelyn's 1st Birthday Party!

Since we will be gone right after Madelyn's birthday, we celebrated her party a little early. We had the families over and got her into her cake. She was so funny. She was very excited; she kept clapping her hands and squealing, but wasn't sure she wanted to touch the cake. When she did, the texture bugged her. Eventually, she ate a few bites, but was very modest about it. A little lady all the way. (Don't judge me on her cake. Things didn't work out so well and then the frosting all fell down the sides. It's about how it tastes that matters, right?)

I love my beautiful baby girl and am so grateful that we have been blessed to have her in our lives. It took a while to have her join our family and we thought sometimes that we would never have another baby. I would go through all the wait and heartache again a million times to just be able to have Madelyn's beautiful, sweet, loving spirit in our family. We love you Baby Bear! Thanks for being our little angel! Happy Birthday.




4 comments:

Lateshia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GIRL!!!!!!

Mandie Green said...

What a doll! I think she looks a lot like Spencer in that first picture.

The Nostrom's said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe our babies our going to be one! She is so dang cute! She looks so grown up in those pictures.It looks like you guys have had a fun summer. I can't believe you guys went on another cruise! You lucky dogs!

Janell said...

She is precious. Happy birthday Madelyn!