September 29, 2008

The Halloween Tree

I have been trying to do fun, creative projects with the kids on Mondays before our FHE. I saw all these cute projects on Better Homes & Garden and I decided to copy a few.
We went for the Halloween tree today.
I just took a bunch of branches, cut off everything besides the main branches and spray painted them black. I bought a cute pot, put in Plaster of Paris, and stuck in the branches.We went to the Dollar Tree and bought some Christmas ornaments that had Halloween colors and some Halloween decorations that we could hang up and viola! We had a Halloween tree. The kids love it, I love it, (and I think Spencer thinks we are crazy.) and it was a blast to do with the kids. They said how much fun that they had and they were so happy that we made it. I just had to take some pictures and show off our hard work.



7 comments:

Lateshia said...

HOW FUN!! I am coming over to your house for fun activities!

Chapman Family said...

That is such a fun idea!! I'm totally going to copy you. : ) Can I tell you how excited I am that I found your blog. It's so cute!!

Kari said...

That looks like so much fun! I would love to do that when Ruthie gets older. You're a great mom Erin!

Burtonfamily said...

That is so cute. I like your new fall background too!

Brittney said...

Hey Erin! It's Brittney. We haven't seen you guys forever! Are you still living in Spanish Fork? Your kids are getting so big. They are so cute! We need to get together again. It's been too long!

Unknown said...

I found your blog! You have such great ideas and its so cute!

Kelly M said...

Love it! and I think I'll copy it! Thanks for the idea!