October 15, 2008

It's Official...

Spencer has been hired to work in the Shock/Trauma ICU unit at Intermountain Medical Center at 5200 S. in Murray. It is a brand new hospital with a Level 1 trauma unit, which means that if you come in there, they have doctors in every kind of field that you might need, so you have access to treatment of any kind (I think that is pretty close, I might be slightly off). We are very excited about this. It will mean a commute, but we feel the benefits outweigh the negatives. This hospital is one of the best in the State for Spencer to get the experience he needs for Anesthetist school.

We were starting to get frustrated, after Spencer applied for two Critical Care jobs at Utah Valley, but did not get them for reasons we still do not know. The nurses that were hired were significantly less qualified than Spencer, who is a charge nurse and another charge nurse that works on his floor, who also applied. I know he felt bad about it even though he never really said so. But he went up for interviews on 2 different ICU units at I-Med (as it is referred to) and was offered a job in either floor. I think this boosted his confidence, that 2 different ICU Managers both wanted to hire him at a higher level of hospital.

One benefit about the new job is that he will work nights about 60% of the time and days 40% of the time. I know it will be a difficult transition, but since he is already switching from nights on and then other nights off, we are hopeful that it will not be more difficult than that. I am stoked to be able to have him here at night more often. I won't know what to do with myself, since he has worked only graveyard shifts for 6 years.

His commute would be to drive to a church by UVU and take a bus to the Trax station, which then stops directly across from the hospital. It is even closer than the parking lot. He will at least have some time to study for his GRE, CCRN, and O. Chem. and not take time away from the family when he is here. Sorry for rambling; we are just very excited to see that things are finally progressing in the way that we need them to. We truly feel that we have been guided by the Lord and know that this is where we need to be. After much searching and prayer, we both felt that it was right for Spencer to apply, interview and accept a job if it was offered, which was not a normal thing for us since commuting was not an ideal prospect. But here we are and we are extremely grateful that we have been led to this point. Wish us luck in our new adventure!

12 comments:

Deni said...

You are not rambling! This is SO exciting!

Congrats to Spencer, and the Gregerson Family.

jaime said...

Yeah!! Congrats to you guys!! Good luck with the new job Spencer!

Lateshia said...

That is SOOOOO exciting!!!!! Congrats you guys!!!!!

Suzanne Aguero said...

That is so exciting! I love it when things just work out even when you least expect them to. Congrats and good luck on this new step!

Family Blog said...

Woot!! That's awesome, Erin!! No one deserves it more than Spencer!

Chapman Family said...

What wonderful news!! Congrats to you guys!!! There is no way I could work in a level 1 trama center. Way to go Spencer!

Janell said...

Of course he got the job! Spence is an amazing guy and deserves anything he asks for. We're so happy for you guys! Keep us posted!

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the new adventure! I wish you success in your new schedule!

The Laughing Losada's said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I hope it goes well!! You guys deserve that, so congrats!

Kelly M said...

I am so glad to hear he got the job! Congratulations.

Brittney said...

Congrats on the new job! That is wonderful news!! It's amazing how things always work out the way they are suppose to:) I also love the fall pictures of your kids! I love this time of year.

Tasha said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Your kids are getting os big they are so super cute we miss playing with you guys! Good Luck with the changes!