We went to Albertsons for a doughnut raid with the kids after dinner. They were being TERRIBLE (it has been this way a lot since we left for the cruise, which is why I was so upset when I posted about the vacation.) so I told Sienna and Aidan that they could not have their doughnuts. They then freaked out more, mostly Sienna, but Aidan copies her. I took them out and left Spencer to buy the stuff and she is getting meaner and meaner, telling me she hates me, she doesn't like me, she would rather have anyone else be her mother, she wishes she only lived with Spencer, on and on and on. (It really makes me feel great and like a fabulous mother with this kind of behavior. I try so hard to teach them but it just gets worse and worse.) After a couple of minutes she then starts bawling hysterically telling me she is sorry and that she didn't mean it and Aidan says,
"Sienna, you know the Spirit touched you."
Oh my gosh! What an amazing little man! He is so receptive. I just was so impressed that I had to share this. It makes me feel a little better about me as a mom that even with all their fits, at least something good is getting through.
3 comments:
Almost all kids will say and do these awful things. As hard as it is, ignore it or just say "that's okay, I still love you." Pretty special that Aiden is that clued in. As with the "vacation", this too shall pass.
Something GREAT is getting through. You're a good mom.
Okay, this post brought tears to my eyes! What an amazing son you have! And what a great mother he has that taught him to recognize such feelings.
Post a Comment