It's amazing how some small things can seem so big. We have a renter; they have paid their deposit and signed a lease contract (thanks to my darling Lyndsie. I seriously owe you big time!). What a relief! We could have paid the mortgage and rent there if we had to, but considering all the things we are going to need to buy when we get there, it is so nice to not have to. The contract is only 6 months, and month to month after, but at least if we have a gap between renters later, Spencer will be up to his full pay. He still has to pass his protocols, which will then bump him up a lot. We will have been able to get the things we need by then and he will be making enough so we won't be boiling beans for dinner. I still would rather have done that than stay here, without Spencer.
Things are slowly starting to sink in about leaving all the people who have become our world here. I am so immensely grateful for my life. I have been so blessed, much more than I ever deserve, with friends and people I love who have enriched and uplifted and blessed my life. I can never thank them (you) enough. Thank you so much for putting up with all my quirks and mistakes and flaws and letting me learn and grow and become better because I have been lucky enough to have known you all. I love very deeply, it's part of me for both good and bad, and I am heartbroken over the lack of contact I will have compared to now. I know that I will stay in contact with the many amazing friends I have, maybe almost better now because I won't be working myself to death, (although doing that was what kept me in contact. Hmmm, tricky there). I'll figure it out. But I'm saying thank you, even though it will never be enough. Thanks, for all of it!
7 comments:
Erin,
We love your guts. Sydney said today that her hair is going to be SO long because I can't cut it and you will be gone - ha.
You will be missed. Change is always hard, but I know you'll enjoy your new adventure.
I will miss you sweet Erin. You are such a good friend, Hard to beleive I have know you since we were 12-13. Have a fabulous time in Hawaii and I WILL be visting soon. Love you, and good luck!!!!!
Erin,
You are amazing! I am so grateful we are friends, and wish we could have lived closer to each other over the last few years. I really do appreciate you for who you are, and not just for what a fabulous job you do on my hair. Though I must say no one is as fabulous as you! I guess if I want my hair done right I'll have to come to Hawaii. That's one expensive cut and color! Good Luck on all your new and exciting adventures! Call me if you need tips on redajusting (I think I finally got it this time) Love you!
Molly
It's still too sad to think of you guys leaving! We love you guys soo much. You have been a wonderful blessing in our lives!
Good luck in Hawaii! Looks like things are going great!
Hugs
Erin,
Hawaii is waiting for you! My husband has been working on Oahu for almost two years now, he goes for a few weeks and then comes home for one or two. Each time I visit a ward he has been attending they ask if we have moved in yet and say that they are praying for us to come. They are great people and they need strong members of the church. You will need good budget skills there because food and neccesities are so expensive but I am sure you already know that. Good luck with your move.(we still don't know if we are going to Oahu at first they talked about moving us over for a few years and then it went on hold they are now talking it up again. In this respect I feel a little like Dana with the uncertainty.)
Aloha
Lauri Stevenson
Wow! That's great news! I'm so glad you and Spence finally get to be together again. I don't know how you've done it. I hope you have the best experience of your lives while in Hawaii! We will miss you so much!
Post a Comment