I'm not one that enjoys pregnancy. It makes me super guilty to say that, because I truly know what a blessing it is to be able carry a baby in my body. Despite not enjoying how I feel during the 9 month gestation period , I know it is such a miracle.
I have been sick this week and the baby, normally very, very, active, hadn't been moving as often, or as strongly. We decided to try playing some music and see what Baby did. We played some of our very favorite classical songs and Baby went crazy! I loved it. It was so amazing to see the movements of this tiny little person inside me responding to some of the most beautiful music in the world.
I am so thankful for this opportunity to have this new little family member growing healthy and strong inside my body. It is such a witness of the true miracle of life and I cannot say how grateful I am to be able to experience it one last time.
5 comments:
I love this story! You'll have to share it with him/her when s/he is older.
*hugs*
I'm sorry you've been sick. Most of the time that I was pregnant, I didn't really enjoy it either. Everything is harder and for me it was stressful. I was always wondering if this baby was going to be okay. Then the worrying comes after they are out...is everything okay and then trying to keep them safe. I definitely like them when they can basically fare for themselves.
So, in short, don't feel badly about not enjoying it. It's a hard thing to do. Love you!
Don't feel bad! There were lots of times that I hated being pregnant, but there are good times too, just like your music story. I love it. I can't wait to see your cute new baby! It makes me sad that I won't be there when you have it. I miss you and your family enormously. Hunter still asks when we can come visit you. Love ya.
What a cute & fun story! I have never tried anything like that with any of my pregnancies, maybe I will have to! Sounds so cute! Sorry you haven't been feeling well, hopefully it will pass quickly!
Oh girl!! Brought tears to my eyes. I am the same way about pregnancy but once that baby comes out, its like I miss it. I can't wait to have our last one. Box up those maternity clothes for me! : )
Post a Comment