So...I just went out for a bike ride on my new road bike that I got for Mother's Day (thanks, babe!) and I just have to talk about the insanity and pure joy that comes along with training for a triathlon and soon to be marathon. I am doing a sprint distance( .5 mile swim, 12.5 mile bike and a 5K run) tri on June 7th. Then on July 26th Spencer and I will be racing in an Olympic distance tri (twice as much as a sprint) in Burley Idaho called the Spudman. Spencer and I will do a half marathon on Aug. 23rd and then on September 7th I am doing another Olympic tri. To end the season, on October 4th, Spencer, my best friend Jenna and I will be running in the St. George marathon.
I am so scared sometimes. I feel like I cannot possibly do this and yet, 2 years ago I did 2 triathlons with a torn meniscus. Obviously I can do it. Now that I have my road bike (even though I fell today. Those clip in pedals are super tricky.) and I am not trying to ride Walmart's cheapest mountain bike, I feel a lot more confident in the biking. I can already swim a mile in the pool consistently (On Monday I did it in 40 minutes! Go me! If I can just get it down to 35 that would be perfect.) Running this year seems so hard to me though. It is so strange because running was always my thing. I thought of myself as a "runner". But I knew last year when I saw people biking and was jealous that I couldn't because I was pregnant with Madelyn, I knew I was a triathlete.
Now that I am positive that this is boring to everyone but myself, I will stop venting. This is such a huge part of my life right now and is so important to me that I just had to write it down. But I truly feel so proud of myself when I do this because I am proving to myself that I am not a quitter. I finish what I start.
2 comments:
You go girl! If only I had a smidgen of that energy...I would love to see what I would do. It sounds like you have plenty enough energy to plan the next cruise getaway!
I am truly amazed at your determination! Go Erin! We're glad to claim you as family!-Rachelle
Post a Comment