October 8, 2008

Madelyn and more....

Madelyn has normally been a pretty sweet, loving child, but the last 2 months, it has been so hard!
She would cry all the time and for no apparent reason.
I mean, we knew she was teething, (all 4 molars at once), but we gave her teething tablets, ibuprofen, love, anything else we thought would help. She even stopped napping, and would become grumpy because she was tired.
But this week has been so amazing. She has been smiling all the time
and she will just crawl up to me and just want to snuggle (unless Spencer is home, of course and then she will scream for him.) It's sad but I almost forgot how sweet she can be.
I adore her.
She has been very funny lately. We have a full flight of stairs and have gates at both ends, of course. But we also have 2 other children who are sometimes forgetful of locking the gate. Well, Madelyn thinks it is the most fun thing in the world to climb up stairs. If Aidan forgets to shut and lock the gate after himself for 1 second, up she goes.
If we go after her, she climbs even faster. It is terrifying, watching this tiny little thing climb around, especially knowing that there is only hard, cold tile at the bottom.

So a few days ago, I taught her to go down the stairs. Hey, I figured that at least then she wouldn't get stuck and fall trying to get down but not knowing how. So now it's up and down, up and down, any time she gets past the gate. (We still try to keep it locked.) I will be doing someones hair and she will sneak past and I will hear her on the stairs and think she is falling. I know it will happen eventually, since it has with the other 2 little ones, but I hope it won't be too far and not until she is a lot older.
That's my little munchkin right now. She has no desire to walk. She will walk around things, holding on and will walk back and forth between me and Spence, but only while holding on with both hands. She will refuse to walk until she has both of our hands.
We sometimes try to hide one just to see if she will walk with only one, but she will turn all around to see if she can find it and grab it before she will go anywhere.
The little chicken.
Stairs are fine, but walking, no way!

I have had the paint for her walls since the last house and I knew it was getting a little old and gross, so I buckled down to do the painting. I wanted to paint her walls yellow, not very bright at all, almost a cream, but Spencer says yellow walls look like pee and hates them. So I went for pink. I was worried that it would be too much, all these pink walls, but I like it now.
I still need more accessories, but I think it turned out pretty well.
You will have to let me know what you think. I love the black M that I put on the wall and love the contrast with the pink, so I think I will be getting more black things to tone it down so it's not too cutesy.

I know it's hard to tell, but the curtains are green and adorable

Also, I have become a little baker lately.
I have been making bread (only in the bread-maker, so I hope that doesn't count as cheating) and the kids and I made sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting and decorated them for Halloween. It was so fun. I loved the ones they made. It was adorable, and also delicious to eat. I had to show off the hard work.
Having fun decorating

7 comments:

Family Blog said...

I LOVE the pink and the green!

*hugs*

Mom

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

your kids are adorable!!!

Lateshia said...

How fun! M's room looks adorable! And you are so right...the black looks great with the pink.

Burtonfamily said...

What a cute room. I love pink and green together

Jenna Wilson said...

I love her room! I think the pink was the right move. You have such great kids. I have learned alot from you. Thanks for being such a good friend to me. (Jeff might be a little jealous) You Rock!

Kari said...

You are a fantastic mom Erin, that looks like a lot fun! I wish I was playing at your house! And good job on painting, you can never go wrong with pink in a little girls room.

Unknown said...

I so want to paint my kids' rooms now! Its so cute!