February 2, 2009

School

For the last several months I have been putting a list together of all the accredited Nurse Anesthetist programs for Spencer to apply to and seeing what will fit with us; the timing we want, the requirements needed to apply, where we might actually want to live . It is a very time consuming process, since there are over 100 on the list. We have narrowed it down to 10 schools; 5 in Pennsylvania, 3 in Ohio, and 2 in Minnesota. I didn't necessarily have a preference,(well, Minnesota is obviously less desirable than PA or OH) I just wanted him to get in somewhere.

Last Monday we found out Spencer's brother, Jeff, was accepted into his #1 choice of Pediatric Dental School residency program, Penn, which is in Philadelphia. It is an Ivy League school and very prestigious. It was so awesome for him to get accepted there. We are extremely proud of him and his hard work. He is truly amazing and we are so grateful to have him as part of our family.

As he was talking to Spencer about the school and then its name, I realized that his school was our #1 choice. I didn't know much about a lot of the schools besides their requirements and application process, (the names and cities all kind of blurred together after a while), but I knew there was one in Philadelphia and Penn happens to be it. We had no idea that they had applied there. So I am going nuts now, hoping that Spencer will get in there more than any of the others. It would be so nice to move across the country and have family around.

The problem is that Penn is so competitive and the odds of Spencer getting in are very slim. It is one of the hardest schools to get accepted to in the country. If he doesn't get into Penn, hopefully he could still get into another Pennsylvania school so we could be relatively close to family. We will have to see what the Lord has in store for us. Just had to share this!

9 comments:

Julia said...

If you end up going to OH, I would love to be your honorary family! Good luck, Spencer!

Kelsey said...

Spencer and I (mostly me) are hoping to go there too! My sister lives there, and it's just the best school for SO many programs. Good luck!

Janell said...

We would be soooooo excited if you got in anywhere in PA, let alone the east coast for that matter. We just need family!!

Good luck you guys. Keep us posted!

p.s, are you going to let the cat out of the bag on the cruise line that doesn't charge for kids? We had no idea there was such a thing!

Unknown said...

That's so exciting! Hopefully it will all work out - of course I know it will! It will be a little sad having you so far away though!

Tasha said...

Good Luck with the whole application process, it does get a little nerve racking. We will make our second move in June for two more years & then apply for residency & another move! I hope you get what you want! Even though it always seems to work out! your kids are getting so big they are adorable! How much fun your cruise sounds...LUCKY you!

Hugs from mom said...

I hope it works out for you guys, although we'll really miss you. No more triathlons then, huh? And who am I going to get to cut Dallin's hair since Karin's quitting too? Any recommendations?

It sounds exciting for you guys, though, so Good Luck!

John and Diana said...

Hey there! Good luck! We will keep you in our prayers, but we don't want you to move away!!! Your cruise sounds great! We can't wait for ours. you will have to give me the prices and lowdown on which one you booked with your kids. We want to take the kids on one in May!! Totally fun!

Suzanne Aguero said...

I don't want to see you go, but I am happy that things are moving along smoothly so far for you guys! You deserve it. You are such a sweet family!

Please tell us what cruise line this is??? I'm dying to go again, but I thought it would be super fun to take the kids too!

Anonymous said...

I finally have a chance to comment after visiting your blog from the other day!

That would be awesome if you could be where Jeff and Janell are (or nearby)!